Most of us take our properties and its amenities for granted nowadays because we’re accustomed to what they have to offer. We’ve been used to facilities such as flushing toilets, plug sockets and running hot water since the day we were born, and when compared to the plethora of amazing technological advancements we see released every year, plumbing and electrical facilities seem a little mundane.
However, if you stop to consider where we’d be without them, you might start to realise just how amazing these things are. Plus, most of us have experienced our plumbed amenities malfunction, and the urgency of having them repaired suddenly brings their importance to our attention.
Luckily, when things do go wrong, we have an abundance of Brighton plumbing services and repairs to choose from to return our homes to full working order, but choosing the most experienced professional can be challenging, especially when we usually require them in emergency situations.
For the reason above, it’s best to have contact details on hand for a qualified plumber to make sure we choose a service that operates with the utmost professionalism and efficiency. In addition, the Internet has made finding these contact details much simpler than when we had to browse through hard-copy directories. The best directories have now migrated online, and instead of searching through pages and pages, we can simply type in a search term and instantly find what we need.
Finding the Best Plumbers
Most people may simply choose to carry out a Google search in order to find a professional plumber in the beautiful city of Brighton, and while that seems logical, it’s not the best way to find the most reputable companies. The search engines may find relevant results, but they’re not necessarily ordered by which plumber has the most experience or customer satisfaction. Online directories feature customer reviews, ratings, contact details, company information and much more, and that makes them the ideal place to start searching for the best plumber within close proximity.
Of course, finding a plumber within close proximity is of the utmost importance because we rely on our plumbing for an abundance of everyday tasks. You might be tempted to try and repair minor problems yourself, but only a qualified professional has the required knowledge to accurately diagnose problems and subsequently carry out repairs to the highest standard.
As aforementioned, it’s advisable not to take on plumbing responsibilities by yourself as badly done repairs can result in a multitude of future problems.
Common Plumbing Problems
Here are some of the most common plumbing problems that almost everybody will experience on many occasions throughout their lives. Some of them require very quick fixes that you can attempt to do by yourself, but just beware that mistakes can end up costly and sometimes, there can be more than one possibility in terms of what has caused the issue.
- A running toilet that is unable to flush – It goes without saying that when our toilets don’t flush, we need the issue resolved quickly. The most common causes of running toilets are concerned with the fill valve, flush valve or flapper. If you don’t understand fully which components those terms refer to, you probably need to call a plumber to come to your property and diagnose the problem accurately in order to carry out the correct repairs.
- Blocked shower, sink or bath drains – This is a problem you can attempt to fix by yourself relatively safely, as the common causes for drain blockages include a build-up of hair or debris. If you have removed everything that’s visible and the blockage still persists, you’ll likely need to utilise the services of a qualified plumber.
- Low water pressure – This is a problem that’s easy to identify but not necessarily easy to diagnose. It’s usually a sign of a minor problem that requires an inexpensive fix, commonly caused by a build-up of calcium deposits in the faucet aerator. A plumber will be able to clean your faucets quickly and return your facilities to full working order.
- Leaking pipes – If you notice a leaking pipe, no matter how small the problem may appear, you should contact a plumber as quickly as possible. It could be a minor issue that can be resolved with ease, but you may require new pipes in severe cases. While that sounds expensive, it’s a problem that will certainly become more costly to resolve should you choose to ignore the problem.
- Loss of hot water – This could be an issue with a faulty overload switch, tripped circuit breaker, malfunctioning thermostat or something entirely different altogether; only a qualified professional has the necessary knowledge to diagnose the problem and resolve the issue in an efficient and timely manner.
- Sewage backup – This problem usually occurs as a result of a blockage in the sewage pipe that connects your home to the main sewage line, though there are many other potential causes, including tree roots penetrating your pipes and preventing the flow of water. Needless to say, this is a big problem that requires professional attention.
- Frozen pipes – Frozen pipes will prevent water flow and potentially lead to flooding in your home, and unfortunately, the expansion caused by the freezing of the water can also result in a burst pipe. If this is the case, you’ll likely need to have the broken pipe replaced altogether.
Help is Available
Brighton is a beautiful and vibrant city, but plumbing issues are bound to occur in every household due to the fact that facilities, pipes and amenities degrade over time. Regular maintenance is the best way to prevent expensive problems, but a quick search on an online directory will help you find a plumber who can offer their services 24 hours a day – which is very important given we can never predict when issues will arise.